Friday, May 7, 2010

Bicycle

I LOVE my bicycle. It's not like it's super sleek, hipster, or fancy. It's just a yellow mountain bike with an Italian seat and a black wire basket. Haha, the basket doesn't really fit style wise, but it totally expresses my personality And its functional.



Well I took quite the tumble just a few hours ago. Amazing though the wounds still sting how quickly the pain of the intial impact fades when the tears dry up. Yes, there were tears. I cried like a baby. But only after I picked myself up and continued my journey to work. Once the shock of embarresment wore off the tears flickered in and flowed out. I really did feel like a child, plus its nice to cry and ride. There's a freedom too it, no one is really watching.



Anyway hands scrapped, R. elbow scrapped. My R. leg got the most of gravity's impact, but suprisingly no injury (thanks to my jeans), though I'll reassess tonight for bruising. And a lil scrape on top of my ankle.



I was about to take the sidewalk, but I guess I missed my window and the tire skidded across the growing curb and I toppeled over ...at speed, mind you. Right in front of a liqour store and laundry mat, amongst a pond of traffic. Were there onlookers? I do not know, but I was still embarrassed, laughed it off ('cuase really, it's pretty hilarious) and peddled through it. AAOOUCH

No comments:

Post a Comment