Thursday, July 22, 2010

Empty Cup

Happy Birthday to me! It was yesterday and I got a LOT of b-day wishes from Facebook. And even though I know they get reminders, it is still quite lovely to be remembered and wished good things! I'll take it :) So it's been a while yet again. And for that..."soory".

1. There's a new-to-me-site 750 words.com, dbl kudos and I may be off to write over there. But its nice to have the openness of this, even though no one, as far as I can tell, actually reads this besides me. Weather (tee hee) or not anyone else does, it's enjoyable to write for an audience, even if its an invisible one.

2. I get very odd cravings while at work. I wonder why. For example, just now- its 10:14am and I got a craving for pickeled sausages. Yup, those exist and I use to eat them in middle school AND I haven't had any in years. I'm a vegetarian now, but I would try it for memories sake. I've seen pickeled hard boiled eggs, but that just seems gross. Ironic, I know. Perhaps not, I'm not sure many ppl know the correct use of Irony. My HS bud Sarah L. penned it as her website for that very reason: www.longliveirony.com (check it out)

3. I have to pee...hold on....

4. Ahhh. Ok. So, Empty Cup. Tibetan Monks and I'm sure a bunch of other kinds carry an empty bowl and cup when they set off on their travels, as part of thier monkhood. I know this from a past life, at least I've been told I was a monk, many moons ago, and I could totally see that fitting right in with my soul. One reason for this (the carrying around, not the soul part) is to show faith you will be provided for, and another is to symbolize oneself as empty to be filled with the light of the world. I like this. A lot. And since we have a water filter at work, I have now been carrying around an empty cup. It's great, because I get that sense of having faith I will be provided for (always a good practice) and as a symbolic reminder to always be empty and open.

5. Just found out one of my co-workers use to be a flight instructor for Ultralights. Which are exactly what I would love to learn how to fly! I am totally going to have an air strip, hanger and collection of flying toys on my pieces of land. Since we're on that subject now, I 'll also take a climbing wall, indoor olympic pool with varying diving boards. A dry sauna. Hot Air Balloon. Go Karts and Track. A Gym/ Studio for wire work, aerialist work and a long climbing rope attached to the ceiling (elementary school replica!) Oh, a barn for all my animals with a tunnel or covered connection to the house...a slurpee machine, coke flavor only...and that's it for now, I'm sure something else will come up, but thses are the main fun features.

That's it for now.
Later
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment